- September 2, 2012: Bochs 2.6 is now available.
- January 6, 2012: Bochs 2.5.1 is now available.
- November 27, 2011: Bochs 2.5 is now available.
- February 23, 2011: Bochs project moved to Subversion source control. Bochs 2.4.6 is the last release available from CVS !
- February 22, 2011: Bochs 2.4.6 is now available.
- April, 2010: After long time Bochs is back to top 25 of SourceForce projects !
- April 25, 2010: Bochs 2.4.5 is now available.
- November 12, 2009: Bochs 2.4.2 is now available.
- June 7, 2009: Bochs 2.4.1 is now available.
- May 3, 2009: Bochs 2.4 is now available.
- June 3, 2008: Bochs 2.3.7 is now available.
- December 24, 2007: Bochs 2.3.6 is now available.
- September 16, 2007: Bochs 2.3.5 is now available.
- August 27, 2006: Bochs 2.3 is now available.
- January 29, 2006: Bochs 2.2.6 is now available.
- December 30, 2005: Bochs 2.2.5 is now available.
- July 8, 2005: Bochs 2.2.1 is now available.
- May 28, 2005: Bochs 2.2 is now available.
- August 1, 2004: Bochs is SF project of the month for August 2004 !
- February 8, 2004: Bochs 2.1.1 is now available.
- January 13, 2004: Bochs 2.1 is now available.
- January 19, 2003: Bochs 2.0.2 is now available.
- January 4, 2003: Bochs 2.0.1 is now available.
- December 21, 2002: Bochs 2.0 is now available.
- June 23, 2002: Bochs 1.4.1 is now available.
- March 27, 2002: Bochs 1.4 is now available.
- March 11, 2002: Bochs 1.4.pre2 is now available.
- March 3, 2002: Bochs 1.4.pre1 is now available.
- December 10, 2001: Bochs 1.3 is now available
- November 17, 2001: Bochs 1.3.pre1 is now available.
- June 24, 2001: Thanks to Psyon, Bochs in the CVS now has CD-ROM support under Win9x.
- June 16, 2001: Bochs 1.2.1 is now available.
- June 3, 2001: Bochs 1.2 is now available in both source and binary form. Read all about this major new release over here.
- May 23, 2001: Activity Update - Less than a month after the transfer to Sourceforge, Bochs has reached the top of the SourceForge project activity chart! Thanks to Todd T. Fries for the update.
- May 22, 2001: Bochs is number two on the SourceForge project activity chart today!
- May 17, 2001: Bochs 1.1.2 is released, fixing several bugs found in the previous Bugfix2 release.
- May 12, 2001: After hovering around 10th place on the SourceForge activity rankings for
the better part of a week, Bochs moves up even further! Bochs is listed as the 6th most active project on SF today.
- May 11, 2001: Our new site is released with more information, a new screen shots section, CVS nightly tarballs, and much more!
- May 3, 2001: We are trying to gather a screenshot gallery of Bochs in action.
If you have a screenshot you would like to share, please e-mail it
to Tim Butler.
- May 3, 2001: Actual transition to
bochs.sourceforge.net takes place.
- May 2, 2001: The firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list has moved to
email@example.com. Please use the sourceforge list,
since the redhat one will soon be shut down. If you want to subscribe to
the new list, go here.
- Apr 30, 2001: With support from Kevin Lawton, Bochs development has moved
to bochs.sourceforge.net. Look for new
releases, CVS access, bug tracking, and more on the SourceForge pages. The
mailing list is still hosted at redhat.com, but will soon be switched to SF as
- Apr 9, 2001: Bryce Denney collected patches from bochs-developers mailing
list and sourceforge to create the Bugfix2 release.
- Nov 14, 2000: Bochs.com moves to new ISP,
- Mar 22, 2000:
MandrakeSoft buys Bochs for Linux and commits it to Open Source.
Bochs now has the LGPL license.
- Jan 4, 2000:
Integrated FPU emulator into main bochs source; FPU
emulation now works on big-endian machines (tested on SPARC).
- Nov 14, 1999:
CDROM emulation works on Win32. Some Win32 cleanup.
CALL instruction fix.
- Nov 11, 1999:
Sound Blaster 16 emulation integrated.
- Nov 2, 1999:
WinNT4.0 installs in bochs from CDROM. More Win32 mods integrated.
- Oct 23, 1999:
More fixes to CPU emulation. CDROM also works on OpenBSD. Mac update.
- Oct 14, 1999:
CDROM emulation now works (only Linux so far).
- Oct 12, 1999:
Moved default to Pentium emulation,
added x86 hardware debug features, more Pentium mods, ...
- Oct 4, 1999:
Partial Pentium emulation. Windows'95/Linux boot and
recognize Pentium emulation.
- Sep 25, 1999:
Minix boots again. Fixes to BIOS, floppy, and Makefiles.
- Sep 23, 1999:
Fixes/enhancements for VGA, debugger, floppy.
- Sep 20, 1999:
New release: Bochs now compiles with
, for users who need direct floating point support.
- Sep 7, 1999: New release includes minor bug fixes.
- Sep 7, 1999: FreeMWare is off to good start, with
code releases already. CVS services are now available
to the development team.
- Jul 8, 1999: New release includes a bunch of changes
- May 17, 1999: I (Kevin Lawton) will be at
Linux Expo '99.
- Apr 30, 1999: Developer submits Sound Blaster 16 emulation.
- Mar 12, 1999: First test release with dynamic translation!
- Mar 11, 1999: Developer submits NE2000 network card emulation.
- Feb 19, 1999: New release includes a number of submitted diffs.
- Jan 27, 1999: Rehashed CPU to separate fetch-decode/address-resolve/execute
- Jan 10, 1999: Bochs now compiles under BeOS R4 x86 with gcc.
- Dec xx, 1998: Bochs is ported to the Mac by David Batterham.